Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Etiquette

+5
Carseatfreak
momE2B2007
jc0604
teagyn
hoop1426
9 posters

Go down

Baby Etiquette Empty Baby Etiquette

Post  hoop1426 Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:55 pm

So what is good baby etiquette regarding Christmas presents and thank you cards?

Do you send out thank you cards from your baby? Are they expected? Do you do it for money & gifts, or just money?

I was just curious what everyone does or will do. My mom made the comment the other day when Karlie received a Christmas card with $5 in it, "oh you will have to send a thank you card." So I was just wondering what everyone will be doing.
hoop1426
hoop1426

http://www.myspace.com/hoop322

Back to top Go down

Baby Etiquette Empty Re: Baby Etiquette

Post  teagyn Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:04 am

I always sent a thank you card for every thing anyone getsvus. All the gifts/money Clair gets I will wright a thank you note and then let her sign it or scribble it I should say.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
teagyn
teagyn

Back to top Go down

Post  jc0604 Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:48 am

I never give thank you cards. I don't think they are necessary for Christmas gifts
jc0604
jc0604

Back to top Go down

Post  momE2B2007 Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:32 am

I hadn't even thought of that! I hate thank you cards- getting and receiving. I wish we could do away with them Crying or Very sad
momE2B2007
momE2B2007

Back to top Go down

Post  Carseatfreak Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:05 am

I never do thank you cards, and hardly look at them, before they end up in the garbage, so personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't give gifts to get a thank you card.
Carseatfreak
Carseatfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrschach Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:30 pm

I won't send thank you cards to close family members. We said thank you to our family that was with us on Christmas. John's aunt and uncle from Boston sent presents down for Joey. I will send them a thank you note.

Mrschach

http://www.myspace.com/mrschach

Back to top Go down

Post  Larissa+3 Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:15 am

I always send thank you cards. It was instilled in me when I was little. My Grandmother always said if we didn't send a thank you card, we wouldn't get another gift.

While I understand what some of the other responders have said, you should consider the sender. If the sender is older or sent $ through the mail, they will probably expect/appreciate a card (if nothing else, to let them know you received it).

Because of the way I was raised, I find it rude when someone does not send me a thank you card (although if I was there when the gift was received, it doesn't bother me).
Larissa+3
Larissa+3

http://www.mycmsite.com/larissahardesty

Back to top Go down

Post  carmay Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:04 pm

I wondered about that right after Christmas. I think I'll do thank you cards to people who aren't family members who gave Ben a present. The family members who sent something via mail received a phone call to thank them for the gift. They seemed to appreciate that!

carmay

Back to top Go down

Post  Justababynurse Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:29 pm

I don't send them for Christmas gifts unless it was sent from far away...ie the person wasn't at the actual family xmas. I do send them for all other occasions. I may skip giving them to the grandparents etc if I've thanked them personally. I think it's just bad taste to not send a written note...I remember writing them as a kid so perhaps that's why it's a big deal to me. I HATE it when I send a gift and never receive a thank you!! I seriously will not send another gift to that person. I do the same thing with my Xmas cards though LOL...If I don't get one in return then I don't send one the next year. I'm a Scrooge!
Justababynurse
Justababynurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down