Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Cups off the Table

4 posters

Go down

Taking Cups off the Table Empty Taking Cups off the Table

Post  jc0604 Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Colin has recently decided that taking full cups of juice/milk/pop whatever off the table is a really fun thing to do. I found him one day walking around carrying a full cup of milk and drinking it (which I must add he is VERY good with a cup) but then he turned it upside down and dumped the entire contents on the floor. Last night he grabbed DH's full can of pop and poured it all over the living room carpet, and this morning he poured a cup of juice on the kitchen floor. He seems to find the few seconds/minutes that no one is paying attention and grabs what he can. Anyone else's kid's doing this? It wouldn't be so bad if he just drank it, but at 14 months he hasn't realized that he is making a big mess when he tips it. I guess I just need to move the glasses off the table. I also don't really know how he gets them off the table without spilling because my table comes to about his neck.
jc0604
jc0604

Back to top Go down

Taking Cups off the Table Empty Re: Taking Cups off the Table

Post  Carseatfreak Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:35 pm

oh man, Seth would totally do that, minus the drinking, he's horrible with a regular cup.

I try to avoid leaving stuff he can spill in his reach, if we leave an empty cup where he can get it, he always tries to copy us and drink from the empty cup.
Carseatfreak
Carseatfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  jc0604 Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:52 pm

Yeah its been our own stupidity... its quite amazing though that he can get it off the table without spilling.
jc0604
jc0604

Back to top Go down

Post  Carseatfreak Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:00 pm

seth can sometimes get a glass of the computer desk without tipping it, so it is possible. They're so smart and curious at this age.
Carseatfreak
Carseatfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  hoop1426 Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:30 am

At nine months Karlie is already drinking from our cups. I only let her have water out of them but she does grab them from us, I won't let her grab them off the table or we would have the same problem you are having. Laughing
hoop1426
hoop1426

http://www.myspace.com/hoop322

Back to top Go down

Post  Carseatfreak Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:56 am

so, Lo and behold, Yesterday, Seth reached up on the computer desk, while I was putting water on for supper in the kitchen, and grabbed my FULL glass of chocolate milk, tipped some on the floor, then sat down, and proceeded to attempt to drink the milk, of course he spilled more on himself and the floor than he actually drank, I just found it ironic that we'd just been talking about them taking stuff off the table, and I said I never left stuff for him to reach, when he does it.
Carseatfreak
Carseatfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  jc0604 Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:56 am

Thats too funny, Danielle. Kids never sees to amaze me. How did he seem to like the chocolate milk?
jc0604
jc0604

Back to top Go down

Post  Carseatfreak Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:27 pm

oh, he loves chocolate milk, hell that kid will eat/drink pretty much anything, even radishes.
Carseatfreak
Carseatfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  angello Thu May 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Your babies are so cute, girls! sunny

angello

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down