Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pink for girls - Blue for boys

+5
bluetimestwo
Mom2 Kennedy & Corbin
polisher33
Tommy'sMommy
hoop1426
9 posters

Go down

Pink for girls - Blue for boys Empty Pink for girls - Blue for boys

Post  hoop1426 Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:03 am

Right?!?!

I know some of you might have done green & yellow or just neutral colors in general. But if you knew what you were having didn't you tend decorate & buy more gender specefic colors?

I knew I was having a girl and almost everything is pink, some purple, but almost all pink. I did get a green stroller/car seat combo & a green diaper bag because I knew if I got pink Dave would never carry the bag, but her big girl car seat is pink & brown.

However, my mom keeps buying her things that are not girly. Her & Karlie came home today and Karlie had on white & blue socks, blue jean bibs & a white onesie. Had it not been for her pink snow suite you would swear she was a boy. She also brought some new shoes for Karlie, they were lt. blue, there were some blue & yellow boots, and some others that were all boyish. My poor bald headed little girl, without pink you can't tell she is a girl!
hoop1426
hoop1426

http://www.myspace.com/hoop322

Back to top Go down

Pink for girls - Blue for boys Empty Re: Pink for girls - Blue for boys

Post  Tommy'sMommy Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:31 am

This is why I can never have a girl... I hate pink, can't even buy it for my niece. So if I ever do have a girl, this will not be our problem. I think little girls can look really cute in blue! Why should boys hog such a great color? Anyway, I'm sorry she bought stuff you didn't like. I've had Tommy dressed head to toe in blue and people have asked "Boy or girl" so it doesn't really matter what they wear, right? scratch
Tommy'sMommy
Tommy'sMommy

Back to top Go down

Post  hoop1426 Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:44 am

Oh I know, I will have her dressed all in pink, have a pink blanket on her and someone will ask if she is a boy. Rolling Eyes

I can't wait until she has hair & I can put in bows and pig tails. afro
hoop1426
hoop1426

http://www.myspace.com/hoop322

Back to top Go down

Pink for girls - Blue for boys Empty yeah....

Post  polisher33 Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:20 am

Boys are easier that way, because unless you dress them in pink or purple, people just assume it is a boy. My son I just dress him in whatever looks cute, so pretty much everything except pink or purple lol.

It's true, until a baby girls hair grows out, it's hard to tell if it's a boy or a girl. You know what you could do though? Like for jeans, you could get those embroidered patches in like flowers or something and put those on. Is her hair long enough for clips yet? I find they're starting to come out with more "girly" pants for girls, so it makes it a bit easier to tell that it's a little girl lol.
polisher33
polisher33

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom2 Kennedy & Corbin Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:00 am

I can dress Corbin in the most boyish outfit I can find and still get the question is it a boy or girl. Then when I say boy they say he's too cute to be a BOY! When Kennedy was little I could have her dressed in a frillly girly dress with a pink blanket and would be asked if she's a boy. I'm like know I wouldn't dress a boy like this!
Mom2 Kennedy & Corbin
Mom2 Kennedy & Corbin

Back to top Go down

Post  bluetimestwo Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:13 pm

LOL I'm snarky, I always say do you honestly think I'd dress my girl like this??? Twisted Evil
bluetimestwo
bluetimestwo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tryagainlater08 Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:15 pm

Aww sorry your mom bought blue, and it makes your DD look boyish.

I laughed at how cliche we are. When we decorated the kid's bedrooms in the new house DD's room is pink, and DS's room is blue. We've told DD that boys wear blue and green and girls wear pink and purple. She's so funny when she picks out baby clothes at the store.

DD has a yellow and blue blanket (woobie), and she'd be decked out in pink with bows in her hair and people would STILL ask if she was a boy or girl. Laughing

Tryagainlater08

Back to top Go down

Post  momE2B2007 Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:50 pm

I'm ok with blue for girls as long as the outfit is still very feminine. I hate when people buy clothes for Reid that I will never dress him in. We got some outfits that were terrible that we wouldn't even pass on. Rolling Eyes
momE2B2007
momE2B2007

Back to top Go down

Pink for girls - Blue for boys Empty what?

Post  polisher33 Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:13 am

Wow, people really are dumb! I mean, it's pretty sad when a little girl is in a dress or has bows in her hair and they ask if it's a boy! Have these people really seen people that dress their little boys in dresses and bows?? lol
polisher33
polisher33

Back to top Go down

Pink for girls - Blue for boys Empty Funny

Post  lovingmychef Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:21 am

After three boys I beg for anything BUT blue (well no pink or purple for boys... lol) but I want greens (oh, especially sage) and off-white, and tans!
lovingmychef
lovingmychef
Admin

https://parenting.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kelkel6464 Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:08 pm

When Hayley was a baby, I thought she looked like a boy if she wasn't in something girly looking. Now, she normally has her hair pulled up, so that makes her look more girly to me. Hayley does have a few outfits that are light blue and white with flowers on them. I put her in them and she looks fine in them now, but it's only a few of them. Most of her stuff is girly looking Smile
kelkel6464
kelkel6464

http://www.myspace.com/kelkel6464

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum